Last updated Jan 06, 2020
APPLICATION OF THIS STATEMENT
Users of Frizbit, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliated companies (“Frizbit”, “we”, “our”, and “us”) trust us when they come to our website or use our services. This privacy statement is to further that trust by being transparent with our privacy practices regarding personal information (as defined below) that we collect, use, share and secure from: (i) visitors to https://frizbit.com (the “Site”); (ii) users who register to use our online, web-based platform for push notification and analytics services (the “Services” and such users, the “Customers”); and (iii) users of our web applications (“Application(s)”).
This privacy statement is not intended to discuss the collection or use of personal information by a Customer’s use of the Services and does not apply to third-party websites, applications, or services that display or link to different privacy statements. Because a Customer’s collection or use of personal information is specific to their use and implementation of the Services, please consult a Customer’s privacy statement or the written contract between a Customer and Frizbit for the Services for more information. For additional detail, please see the “End Users” section below and Cookie Usage page.
If you have questions or complaints regarding this privacy statement or our privacy practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information, including personal information, in various ways when you use our Site, Applications and Services. As used in this statement, “personal information” means any information which, either alone or in combination with other information, identifies you as an individual, such as your name, mailing address, and email address.
Information You Provide Us
We collect information, including personal information, you provide us voluntarily. For example:
- When you enter in your first and last name, email address, company name and password when you create an account to access the Services (“Account”) or otherwise enter similar information into forms or surveys on our Site or Applications.
- When you enter information using your Account, including postal address, phone number, company name and credit card payment information.
- Simply when you send us an e-mail.
- If you tell us where you are (e.g., by allowing your devices to send us your location), we may store and use that information for internal analytics purposes.
Information Collected Via Technology
We automatically collect certain information via technology:
- IP Address and Browser Information. When you visit our Site or use our Applications, some information is automatically collected. This may include information such as the operating system (“OS”) running on your device, internet protocol address (“IP Address”) (which may be used to obtain your geolocation), access times, browser type, language settings of the OS, and the website you visited before our Site. We also collect information about how you use Frizbit’s Site, Applications and Services, including the elements you have interacted with, metadata and other details about these elements, clicks, change states and other user actions.
- Pixel Tags. In addition, we use “pixel tags” (also referred to as clear gifs, web beacons, or web bugs). Pixel tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies (as noted below), that are used to track online movements of web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, pixel tags are embedded in web pages. Pixel tags also allow us to send email messages and determine whether those emails have been opened, to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our Customers. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user. We do not tie the information gathered by pixel tags to our users’ personal information.
- Browser Local Storage: We also store data locally on your device to enhance the user experience on our Site. For example, browser local storage allows us to save the state of your current page so that when you return at a later time or refresh the browser, the page will remain the same. We may also use browser local storage to: (i) save a list of items the user last used on the Site or Services (such as events and properties the user selected) so we can display “recently viewed items”; or (ii) marking once a user has seen a tutorial, video, tooltip or onboarding flow so that the user only sees the content one time.
- Mobile Services. We may also collect information from your mobile device, such as but not exclusively the first time the Application is opened and the type of device that is being used, if you have downloaded our Applications. This information is generally used to help us deliver the most relevant information to you and improve our Services and analytics platform. Examples of information that may be collected and used include how you use the Applications and information about the type of device you use. In addition, in the event our Applications crash on your mobile device, we will receive information about your mobile device model and OS version, which allows us to identify and fix bugs and otherwise improve the performance of our Applications.
Access and Control of the Information We Collect
We recognize an individual’s right to control the type of personal information that is collected about them. Our Customers can view, edit, or delete their personal information at any time. Frizbit retains your personal information while you are a Customer and will delete your personal information upon request. Customers may also send requests for access to your personal information by emailing email@example.com. Frizbit will respond to any request to delete Customer personal information. As discussed in the introduction, this privacy statement does not apply to the end-users tracked by our Customers. If you are a customer of a Frizbit Customer, please contact that Frizbit Customer for access to your personal information.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In general, we use the information we collect primarily to provide, maintain, protect, and improve our current products and to develop new ones. This may include collection to:
- Facilitate the creation of and securing of your Account on our network;
- Identify you as a user in our Services;
- Improve our Services, Applications, Site and how we operate our business;
- Understand and enhance your experience using our Site, products and Services;
- Provide and deliver products and services you request;
- Respond to your comments or questions and for our Support team to provide service;
- Send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about promotions, upcoming events and news about products and services offered by Frizbit and our selected partners, and for other marketing purposes of Frizbit;
- Link or combine it with other information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Create stories for public relations
- Protect, research, investigate and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized or illegal activity.
We often receive feedback and comments about our Services from users of our Services. If we choose to use your feedback on the Site we will request permission to include names of individuals. We may also include a profile picture along with your feedback.
Creation of Anonymous Data
We may create anonymous data records from personal information by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this anonymous data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Applications and Site navigation. We reserve the right to use anonymous data for any purpose and disclose anonymous data to third parties in our sole discretion.
When you interact with our Site by completing a form (such as a request for us to contact you, request for information on pricing, or downloading content) we will collect your personal information and analyze your information to build individual profiles. We use third party tools to help us build the profile by providing firmographics: company size and industry for example. These profiles will be used to help us predict future interest in our Services. The profiling is based on your activity on our Site such as what you are reading or downloading and is updated in real-time based on your activity on the Site.
Sharing of Information
We do not share your personal information with third parties without your consent other than:
- Third Party Service Providers. With third parties who work on our behalf, provided that such third parties subscribe to the Principles (as defined below), have entered into an applicable data processing agreement, or provide at least the same level of privacy protection as required by the Principles or other applicable privacy regulations to offer the Services. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to you. These services may include providing cloud computing infrastructure, website crash reporting, and providing customer support or account administration. If you would like to see the list of third parties with whom Frizbit currently shares your information, you may request a copy of the list by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Lawful Requests. To comply with laws or to respond to lawful requests and legal process, provided that Frizbit will endeavor to notify you if Frizbit has received a lawful request for your information;
- Protection of Rights and Property. To protect the rights and property of Frizbit, our agents, customers and others including to enforce our agreements and policies;
- Emergency. In an emergency, including to protect the personal safety of any person; and
- Corporate Restructuring. For the purposes of a business deal (or negotiation of a business deal) involving sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets (business deals may include, for example, any merger, financing, acquisition, divestiture or dissolution transaction or proceeding). In the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, personal information may also be transferred as a business asset. If another company acquires our company, business or assets, that company will possess the personal information collected by us and will assume the rights and obligations regarding your personal information as described in this statement.
- Sign-In and Authentication. When you sign into the Site using your username and password we store an encrypted cookie on your device. This cookie allows you to move from page to page within the Site without having to sign in again on each page. You can also save your sign-in information so you do not have to sign in each time you return to the site.
- Social Media. Portions of our Site include social media cookies or widgets, including those that enable users who are logged in to the social media service to share content via that service.
- Storing Information for Purchases on the Site. When you seek to purchase one of our Services plans, we store the data in a cookie to remember the products and information you have added for purchase.
Third Party Cookies
In addition to the cookies listed above, third parties may also set cookies when you visit the Site. In some cases, that is because we have hired the third party to provide services on our behalf, such as payment processing for credit card billing. In other cases, it is because our web pages contain content or ads from third parties, such as videos, news content or ads delivered by other ad networks. Because your browser connects to those third parties’ web servers to retrieve that content, those third parties are able to set or read their own cookies on your device and may collect information about your online activities across websites or online services. To control cookies from those third parties, visit their sites.
If you are a visitor of a Frizbit Enabled Site, this section applies to you.
Frizbit helps transactional online businesses to deliver automated and personalised engagement experiences to their end users on email, sms, push notifications and webhook channels and in return bring their customers back to their websites, recover conversions, and increase revenue on both desktop and mobile devices.
With respect to our Services, Frizbit collects information under the direction of its Customers (the data controller), and has no direct relationship with the end users whose personal information it processes.
If you are and end user of one of our Customers and would like more information on their use of your data, please consult the Customer that you interact with directly through their website. In order to learn more about the the data collected by our default browser agent configuration via cookies, you can learn more on our Cookie Usage.
Frizbit acknowledges that you have the right to access your personal information. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct his or her query to the Frizbit Customer (the data controller) who will then provide instructions to Frizbit, if necessary.
We will retain personal information pursuant to our retention policy and will retain this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURITY
Frizbit maintains commercially reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to help protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. However, no transmission over the internet is 100% secure. We encourage you to protect your usernames and passwords to help prevent anyone from accessing or abusing your accounts and services, including not using the same passwords for the Services that you use with other accounts.
We do not intentionally gather personal information from visitors who are under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you are not permitted to submit any personal information to us. If we learn that a child under 13 submits personal information to Frizbit we will delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any personal information from a child under 13, please contact us at: email@example.com
YOUR INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
In addition to the choices outlined in other parts of this statement, you also have control over the following:
Email Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional or marketing emails from Frizbit by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your Frizbit projects or our ongoing business relationship. If you are a European Union (“EU”) resident, you will not receive marketing emails from Frizbit until you have agreed to opt-in to receipt of those emails.
Applications. You can stop all collection of information by an Application(s) by uninstalling the Application(s) or removing the installation codes and files from your platforms. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
Do Not Track Signals. Some web browsers may transmit signals instructing websites and other online services to not track information. There is no standard that governs what, if anything, websites should do if they receive these signals. Frizbit currently does not respond to such browser signals or similar mechanisms instructing not to track information. If and when a standard is established, we may revise our position on responding to these signals. Third parties may collect personal information about your online activities over time and across sites when you visit our Site or use the Frizbit Service.
Social Media Widgets. As noted above, our website may include social media features, such as the Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn button or interactive mini-programs that run on our website. These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our website, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our website. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy statement of the third party providing it.
CHANGES TO THIS STATEMENT
Frizbit may change this statement from time to time. If we make any changes to this statement, we will change the “Last Updated” date above. If we make any critical changes we will notify you by email (sent to the email address specified on your Account) or by means of a notice on this website prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices. You agree that your continued use of our Site, Applications or Services after such changes have been published to our statement will constitute your acceptance of such revised statement.
LEGAL INFORMATION AND HOW TO CONTACT US
Frizbit provides annual training for its employees involved in the collection, processing, and dissemination of customer information. In addition, Frizbit’s internal policies and procedures provide for disciplinary action if our employees fail to follow this statement. We periodically self-assess and review these internal policies and procedures to review compliance.
Data Protection Officer (“DPO”)
Frizbit have multiple offices in the world, in Europe and MENA, the legal address of the company is Delaware, in the United States. If you are a resident of the EU and have questions about the collection of your personal information, our DPO can assist you. You may contact our DPO at:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal Mail: Frizbit, Inc., Attn: DPO, 16192 Coastal Highway, Lewes, DE 19958, USA
Frizbit’s Compliance Team and Dispute Resolution
In compliance with the Principles, Frizbit commits to resolve any complaints about your privacy and our collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information. If you have any inquiries or complaints regarding this statement or our compliance with GDPR, you should first contact Frizbit at:
- Email: email@example.com
- Postal Mail: Frizbit, Inc., Attn: DPO, 16192 Coastal Highway, Lewes, DE 19958, USA