What are the Benefits?
Web push notifications is the unique channel to re-engage web visitors
No Personal Data Required & Retain Anonymous Users
One of the best things about web push notifications is that it absolutely doesn’t require any personal data from the end user unlike email or SMS. With that, web push notifications are GDPR compliant by nature.
Reach Both Mobile & Desktop Users Without Having An App
Via web push notifications you can reach both mobile and desktop users, without having a mobile application.
Web push notifications are supported by almost all major browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Opera, and Microsoft Edge
Most Engaging Retention Channel For Websites
Web push notifications have an average opt-in rate of 2-10% and average CTR of 8.5%. That’s why web push notifications are the most engaging user retention channel for websites when compared to other channels such as email, SMS, and social media.
Web Push Notifications vs. Other Retention Channels
Web Push vs. E-mail
- – Users opt-in to web push notifications with one click without giving their email or any personal information.
- – Web push notifications have a x4 higher click rate than emails on average, 8.5% vs 2.4% according to Mailchimp.
- – Web push notifications have x3 higher opt-in rate than emails according to Sumo.
Web Push vs. SMS
- – Users opt-in to push notifications with one click and without giving their phone number or any personal infomation.
- – SMS is quite short and can only include text, while push notifications can have an icon, an image on top of the title and a description.
- – Service providers charge a unit price per each SMS, which is expensive; while mostly push notifications are unlimited and highly cost-effective.
Web Push vs App Push
- – App push notifications can only be sent if the user has the app downloaded, while web push notifications can be sent without having an app.
- – Apps can access geolocation in real-time while browsers can access it only when it is active.
- – App push notifications only work on only mobile devices while web push notifications work on mobile and desktop devices.
Web Push vs Web Notifications (Pop-Ups)
- – Web notifications were another name for pop-ups before the invention of web push notifications.
- – Even though web notifications can be used on both secure and non-secure websites, to receive web notifications users should be on the website.
Use Cases of Web Push Notifications
Web push notifications add value to any kind of website. Examples for different industries are shown below:
RECOVER LOST SALES
by sending automated notifications to the users who left products in their basket but didn’t complete that purchase.
RECOVER LOST RESERVATIONS
by sending automated notifications to the users who searched for a trip, accommodation or tour at a destination but didn’t complete that booking.
RECOVER LOST SIGN-UPS
by sending an automated sequence of notifications to the users who visited a feature page but didn’t sign up.
INCREASE TRAFFIC & ENGAGEMENT
by sending notifications to the users who searched specific listings but didn’t engage with them.
Media & Blogs
REACH A WIDER AUDIENCE
by distributing your new content to subscribers through manual notifications.
ACQUIRE & NURTURE LEADS
by sending automated notifications to the users who didn’t leave their contact details.
Personalised & Automated Notifications Based on User Behaviour
Instead of sending bulk notifications manually, you can trigger and hyper-personalise notifications based on what your visitors do in every step of their funnel.
Free & Effortless Setup
You can start using Frizbit in just 15 minutes. Moreover via GTM, you don’t have to request anything from your IT!
Free Trial & Cost Effective
Get a 14-day free trial and see how you can achieve a 10x ROI!
Q – How many of the web visitors can you reach by using web push notifications?
A – You can reach ~74% of the total number of visitors browsing through the web via web push notifications.
Q – Which major operating systems support web push notifications and which don’t?
A – Among major operation systems, only iOS doesn’t support web push notifications while it works on MacOS, Windows and Android properly.
Q – Are there browsers that don’t support web push notifications?
A – Among major browsers, only Internet Explorer doesn’t support web push notifications while it works on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera and Microsoft Edge properly.
The Marketing Platform from Frizbit
Target by User Behavior
Target the right people based on their user behavior.
Craft individualized messages that will convert your users into loyal customers.
Engage in Multi-Channel
Send your messages at the perfect time, with the most effective channel.
Measure & Optimize
Measure the performance of each campaign and see how much benefit it yields.
Get a Free Personalized Demo Session!
Leave your details and one of our account managers will get in touch.